Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Blog Meme

1. Favorite childhood book?
Since I’m still young, I’m going to say Kiki Strike series and the CHERUB series.

2. What are you reading right now?
Well, I just finished The Eternal Ones. So nothin’ at the mo’ bro.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Footfree and Fancyloose, Nobody’s Girl and The Julian Game (this one is from all those reviews I’ve read on YA book blogs).

4. Bad book habit?
I don’t treat my books well. I always manage to unintentionally crumple a page or two.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Nice, new, shiny, YA acquirements.

6. Do you have an e-reader?
No...until I can be convinced they’re supertastically good.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
It depends on my mood and the books I’m reading. If one of them is slow paced then I’ll read two at a time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes. I now dwell on what I’ve read, consider the positives and negatives, rather than mentally saying Right...book finished.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
I don’t have least favourites. I instead have least enjoyed books. One of them would be Ivy (I've reviewed it on this blog).

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Most recent would be The Eternal Ones and Gimme a Call. Others faves would include Heist Society, Geek Charming and Fashionistas: Candy.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not much.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
ChickLit, adventure, mystery.

13. Can you read on the bus?
Fo’ sho’ bro. And when I’m walking too!

14. Favorite place to read?
Any place in the sun (near bedroom/lounge room window). Then I usually fall asleep.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
Library books (haha yes, I lend out library books): give it back to me before the due date dude! Personal collection: keep it for as long as you need it, but don’t damage it, AT ALL.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
I used to! *cringe* But thankfully now I don’t. I just remember the page number/chapter.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Never for books I read for enjoyment, yes to all books for school.

18. Not even with text books?
Yes, I do annotate textbooks (with pencil) and highlight only my history textbook.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
L’Anglais (English) mes amies.

20. What makes you love a book?
An excellent plot that keeps me guessing.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I enjoyed it, I’ll recommend it.

22. Favorite genre?
YA ChickLit and Spy.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
All those YA supernatural vampire-y books, fantasy and horror.

24. Favorite biography?
I’ve only read one. >_>

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
If self-help books are those which teach you how to do things, rather than knowing ‘How to Hypnotise Yourself into Not Smoking in Five Easy Steps’, then yes. Knitting for Dummies, Crochet for Dummies and several others on art techniques and the share market.

26. Favorite cookbook?
I use the internet. Hah!

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
This year: none. But last year, it was The Gospel According to Larry. After reading the novel I literally started to clean out my room and throw out unwanted belongings.

28. Favourite reading snack?
Something sweet. Sadly, these sweet snacks include items which can be drippy or leave my hands sticky.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I ruin my own reading experiences by reading the end/climax. I KNOW, IT'S SAD!

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don’t read reviews written by ‘professionals’ so I can’t say. However I do agree with book bloggers most of the time.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
If I didn’t like it, then I have to be honest and give a negative review. But I always list out a few good points to be fair.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
French and Arabic because both are fascinating and have a humongous amount of literature.

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I’m always up for a challenge, so a book won’t scare me.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Most of The Classics (Austen, Bronte, Alcott, etc...).

35. Favorite Poet?
Haven’t read a lot of poetry, but I must say, I like Plath.

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
It varies on how often I’ve been to the library in the past month. It can range from four to ten books.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Sadly too often for my liking. I go mintal at the library and borrow far too many books.

38. Favorite fictional character?
All the Irregulars (Kiki Strike), Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter).

39. Favorite fictional villain?
VOLDEMORT!

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
The Harry Potter and Kiki Strike series (especially for their ‘How To’ sections).

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Three months. I was in a reading block about the beginning of last year. It was horrible.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
I still haven’t completely read Macbeth yet (for school).

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
My pet chickens, if something’s good on the TV, homework, people reading over my shoulders.

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The Clique, Stormbreaker, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. I felt they stayed true to their literary counterparts and the actors/actresses were well chosen.

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (weird editing), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (not enough action, and too much lovey-dovey).

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Uh...$30. I only go to the book store to buy gifts, because my library is so Awesome *insert others’ jealousy here*.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Always.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
An uninteresting plot or if I read the end before reading the end and find everything that I.m reading in that book after reading the end boring.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes. My bookshelf is arranged according to references, textbooks and school novels, non-fiction and then fiction.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I don’t own many and the ones I do have are few and loved. So I won’t give them away.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Macbeth. I need to finish it.

52. Name a book that made you angry.
I haven’t been angry by a book yet. But a book that would make me angry would be the wrong portrayal of a stereotype/group of people.

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
The Outsiders.

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
The entire Uglies series by Scott Westerfield, and Zombie Blonds by Brian James.

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Harry Potter series. I can pick up any of the books and start reading with enjoyment.

I tag anyone who has the time to answer 55 questions. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chicken can see you >_>