Thursday, February 10, 2011

2010 Roundup

Yes, I'm one month and a week or two late in 'concluding' my literary endeavours of 2010, but it's better to be late than never! My round up is basically a random list of the best books (from memory) I've read in each category. Not all the books I've mentioned have been reviewed on this blog, although you can check on the Reviewed Titles page.

Series I started *happyface*:
  • Electra Brown (Life at the Shallow End) by Helen Bailey
  • Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen 
  • Heist Society by Ally Carter
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
  • The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Series I finished *sadface*:
  • Fashionistas by Sarra Manning
  • Thieves Like Us by Stephen Cole
  • Roman Mysteries by Caroline Lawrence
  • The Declaration by Gemma Malley
  • CHERUB by Robert Muchamore

Series I'm still reading:
  • Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
  • Henderson's Boys by Robert Muchamore


Spy/Action/Adventure:
  • Secret Army (Henderson's Boys) by Robert Muchamore

Contemporary:
  • The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon 

Romance:
  • A Season of Eden by JM Warwick 

Aussie:
  • Noah's Law by Randa Abdel-Fattah

Debut:
  • Finding Freia Lockhart by Aimee Said

Surprised that I liked:
  • By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters


 Surprised that I didn't like (even though I really wanted to!):
  • Vote For Larry by Janet Tashijan

Classic:
  • The Outsiders by S.E Hinton 

Reread:
  • Fingerprints series by Melinda Metz
  • Lola Rose by Jacqueline Wilson

Something different:
  • school texts! (Medea, Antigone, A Doll's House)

2010 release that nearly everyone's read except me:
  • DUFF by Cody Keplinger

1 comment:

The Chicken can see you >_>