Sunday, August 29, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (1)

Book Blogger Hop

ABOUT THE HOP (hosted at Crazy for Books):
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!

This is my first time entering the hop. It's so confusing, I don't really know why I don't understand it, but I don't. Anyways, it is really interesting to find all these other book nerds (compliment!) who blog about books, especially YA, even though I may not follow them. Because those which I do follow, I actually do read their blogs most of the time when they post something new, and comment if I have my two cents to add.

Anyways, since there is a question-answer segment to the meme/part-ay, here it goes:

This week's question comes from:
Books Are A Girl's Best Friend

Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?
Yes, I do. It's extremely overdone and not too creative. It's a rating system out of five. Lately I've been toying with the idea of producing my own graphics and customising my rating system, but until I do, the five star system it is.

If you're visiting my corner of the Interwebz (*cough*blog*cough*) through the Book Blogger Hop, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a salutation in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Hopping by to visit and follow! Congrats on your 1-year blogoversary. :-)

    On your blog layout poll, I wanted to say that the bookshelf background looks great, but the yellow in the middle column is just a litle bright.

    Good luck with your reading and reviewing!

    -Tiger

    http://tigersallconsumingbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hello, visting you from Follow Friday.
    I think this is a marvelous way to meet bloggers both old and new.
    I'm #103, http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/. Just stopped by to wish you a great weekend.
    This week my trip is brought to you by the number 3.
    You are more than welcome to use "my" system (actually my granddaughter's). She was with me on Friday's this summer and wanted to "help" me blog so I told her to tell me the Sesame Street # of the day & I would use it. Had to come up with something and this way I meet new bloggers and revisit friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog! Stopping by from the hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey from a fellow book nerd (so true!). I found you through the Hop and am really enjoying your blog. I'llbe back often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 1 year mark! I'm a new follower from the hop! Is it possible to outgrow YA? I'm a thirty something (getting way to close to a forty something) and it is still my favorite genre. In fact I write it now too! I love any good book, no matter the genre or age level! Have a super day and keep reading what you love!
    Smiles!
    http://thedelusionaldiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the HOP! Nice 1 year anniversary.

    I hope you will visit on or both of my blogs: LibrarysCat or Holocaust Resources for Children!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The Chicken can see you >_>